Steampunk Artists have been coming up with all kinds of weird contraptions, but as you guys well know, life is often stranger than fiction, and I have found all kinds of things made in the late 19th and early 20th century that rival any of their creations.
So I would like to keep most everything I use to create the sets absolutely real and authentic.
For example, I worked with clocks a few years ago, and thought I had seen every kind of clock. Well, in the course of research on Google yesterday, I came up with "French Industrial Clock" of the late 1800's, sometimes referred to as"Steamclocks", most having to do with steam engines. They are very rare and very expensive(sold at Sotheby's!), but absolutely the epitome of Steampunk:
The best source for some of the stranger contraptions ever made is still RADIO-GUY.NET:
and I suspect many Steampunk Artists have found inspiration there…
Another good one is a Scottish shop called EARLYTECH.COM
So I would like to keep most everything I use to create the sets absolutely real and authentic.
For example, I worked with clocks a few years ago, and thought I had seen every kind of clock. Well, in the course of research on Google yesterday, I came up with "French Industrial Clock" of the late 1800's, sometimes referred to as"Steamclocks", most having to do with steam engines. They are very rare and very expensive(sold at Sotheby's!), but absolutely the epitome of Steampunk:
I even found a unique "Torpedo Clock":
The best source for some of the stranger contraptions ever made is still RADIO-GUY.NET:
and I suspect many Steampunk Artists have found inspiration there…
Another good one is a Scottish shop called EARLYTECH.COM





No comments:
Post a Comment