Yes Randy, I like that looks for the far backgrounds. The texture is great and the lack of fine detail would makes it recede in wide shots. Her work is terrific.
But I would want to build it in partial diorama 3D in AE. I have been debating what size the virtual "cityscape" should be. It has to be big enough for the HD camera to fly around, but not so huge it bogs down AE on rendering. I am envisioning building it in sections, neighborhoods of sorts. These partial comps would then be reduced in size and combined into the full city. We could start with a wide shot of the whole thing inside the larger comp, and start to zoom in , then cut to a shot of the partial comp to continue zooming in until we get inside the Oval Office or the control room of the Airship, and cut again to a close up. We would loose detail and texture as we zoom in, but recover it as we cut to a larger set. The close ups would be highly detailed as in "Little Tombstone".
I did some tests processing a plain image of the London Bridge found on the Internet":
Same with an image of the Eiffel Tower…
But I would want to build it in partial diorama 3D in AE. I have been debating what size the virtual "cityscape" should be. It has to be big enough for the HD camera to fly around, but not so huge it bogs down AE on rendering. I am envisioning building it in sections, neighborhoods of sorts. These partial comps would then be reduced in size and combined into the full city. We could start with a wide shot of the whole thing inside the larger comp, and start to zoom in , then cut to a shot of the partial comp to continue zooming in until we get inside the Oval Office or the control room of the Airship, and cut again to a close up. We would loose detail and texture as we zoom in, but recover it as we cut to a larger set. The close ups would be highly detailed as in "Little Tombstone".
I did some tests processing a plain image of the London Bridge found on the Internet":
Same with an image of the Eiffel Tower…
And with an aerial view of New York:






No comments:
Post a Comment