I actually still don't know exactly what colors and textures will work best for the walls and ceilings, and that will evolve with time as I add 3D architectural detail: columns, arches, pediments, altar, niches, pulpit, balcony, organ, etc...
So I used the same fairly basic irregular red ochre texture and friezes top and bottom all around the church, and the same blue vaulted ceilings, except for the Altar wall which I want to be different to give a sense of orientation within the church:
The first thing I want to do is add arches and flat columns. So I created patterns in Photoshop that will be bent using Ray Tracing in AE and fit to the inside curve of the arches adjusting x,y,z scales separately:
So I used the same fairly basic irregular red ochre texture and friezes top and bottom all around the church, and the same blue vaulted ceilings, except for the Altar wall which I want to be different to give a sense of orientation within the church:
The first thing I want to do is add arches and flat columns. So I created patterns in Photoshop that will be bent using Ray Tracing in AE and fit to the inside curve of the arches adjusting x,y,z scales separately:
The first try using column textures matching the walls doesn't please me because they blend into the wall too much, so I will design columns matching the arches geometric patterns instead:
Also, if I use the green/red/purple/yellow color scheme, which I like, the blue ceiling will have to turn purple or go, and I will probably custom design slightly different ones to fit the nave, the transepts and the choir. The walls will be eventually redone too with more geometric patterns on the frieze and wainscot



No comments:
Post a Comment