I cannot believe my last post is dated October 11. It has been more than two months spent mostly collecting images to build my virtual 3D Steampunk World... I have not worked on the Spaceship at all.
I have gone out and photographed old buildings downtown Birmingham. I have been scouring the Internet for thousands of images of old weathered buildings, outside walls(brick, stucco, stone, metal), inside walls(plaster, painted, stucco, frescoes), architectural details(cornices, pediments, columns, etc...), storefronts, doors, windows, signs, floors, chimneys, streets, roads, churches, frescoes, graffiti, paintings, water towers, interior spaces. My purpose is not to use the images as they are, but to cut them up in different elements, straighten them up, and build a collection of 2D building Parts.
For example, facades:
Architectural details:
Tileable floor textures:
Old storefronts:
Church and Roman frescoes:
Tileable decorative frieses:
I have gone out and photographed old buildings downtown Birmingham. I have been scouring the Internet for thousands of images of old weathered buildings, outside walls(brick, stucco, stone, metal), inside walls(plaster, painted, stucco, frescoes), architectural details(cornices, pediments, columns, etc...), storefronts, doors, windows, signs, floors, chimneys, streets, roads, churches, frescoes, graffiti, paintings, water towers, interior spaces. My purpose is not to use the images as they are, but to cut them up in different elements, straighten them up, and build a collection of 2D building Parts.
For example, facades:
Side walls:
Tileable floor textures:
Large and small wall textures:
Tileable street textures:
Tileable decorative frieses:













No comments:
Post a Comment