Saturday, December 27, 2014

Post 36: REBUILDING THE CHURCH

   I enlarged the transept to match the nave and found a better Labyrinth to use as a Rosace at the center.
    On that footprint, I rebuilt with simple red ochre weathered walls and a more muted friese around the bottom. I used the same blue ceiling image, but customized it to fit the nave, the transepts, and the choir.
    Fitting the octogonal tower was still difficult, and I found that the straight line cut in the ceiling was wrong. I ended up creating a mask by trial and error so the opening seen from the top matched an octagonal template. Once I had the mask for the nave, I copied it to the transept and choir vaults:



    I then had to erase the texture I used for each half of the tower until it fit:



     Next came the hardest part, the dome... I need 8 triangular slices which will be curved using Ray Tracing. Instead of a solid texture, I chose to try an image I had by Anderea del Castanio:


   It is incomplete and distorted, but with a little Copying, pasting and cloning, I got a nice perfectly triangular slice:

   It turns out that once put in place around the 8 sides of the tower and curved in AE,  there is a gap between the slices, and they are a bit too long:


   So I used the Edit>Transform>Warp in Photoshop to shorten it and curve the sides out progressively until they touch:


No comments:

Post a Comment