I am not going to push the test any further and build a dome which will need to be redone. I have learned enough to get to building the final church.
First, in order to fit the octogonal tower properly and get clean edges with the vaults, I have to make the Transept the same width as the Nave. The only way I found to do it was to erase/clone part of the images in 2D until they more or less fit together in 3D. I tried masking, but the intersection between the octogone and the half cylindrical vaults was a double curve and I couldn't make it work. But I figured out that if I made the widths the same, the cuts in the vaults images would be a simple V shape instead of an empirical odd curved V:
and I should get a perfect fit with regular curved cuts in the half tower images(I made a half octagon using ray tracing with a 4 segments setting in the geometric Options:
First, in order to fit the octogonal tower properly and get clean edges with the vaults, I have to make the Transept the same width as the Nave. The only way I found to do it was to erase/clone part of the images in 2D until they more or less fit together in 3D. I tried masking, but the intersection between the octogone and the half cylindrical vaults was a double curve and I couldn't make it work. But I figured out that if I made the widths the same, the cuts in the vaults images would be a simple V shape instead of an empirical odd curved V:


No comments:
Post a Comment