Friday, October 4, 2013

Post 3: Magnetically attached moving props

   I started going though my drawers and boxes full of stuff to pick objects I could use as props and animate:


 I mounted some on magnets too:


    Keep in mind that the walls being steel as well as the floor, nothing keeps stuff(or puppets) from climbing up the walls and hanging sideways or hanging upside down from the ceiling. Even larger prop units( tables, chairs, control panels, shelves, stairs, clocks, lights, pictures, etc...) can be attached with magnets to change the room into another room. 
   The objects can be easily and precisely animated in stop motion, without risk of them falling over. 
   Some long drawers will be built into the walls. A "trapdoor cage elevator" could be built into the floor to lift the puppets into a room above or below.  
  Framed chroma green or blue panels inset in the walls can be used to add video or images later in After Effects.

No comments:

Post a Comment