When I first built the church, in order to create the octagonal tower, I used 2 wide textures which I bent using Ray tracing with 4 sections each .
I then visually erased the parts that intersected with the four vaults below the vaults:
It didn't look quite right, and I theorized the curves should be ellipses. So I decided to rebuild the tower using 8 separates wall sections. I precisely measured the length of the octagon sides at 1600pixels, so I decided to cut the 8 walls out of a 3000 pixels high x 12800 pixels wide continuous yellow ochre texture I made:
I then proceeded to cut out of each wall ellipses 1500 pixels high(the height of the vaults) and 1600 pixels wide:
I then visually erased the parts that intersected with the four vaults below the vaults:
It didn't look quite right, and I theorized the curves should be ellipses. So I decided to rebuild the tower using 8 separates wall sections. I precisely measured the length of the octagon sides at 1600pixels, so I decided to cut the 8 walls out of a 3000 pixels high x 12800 pixels wide continuous yellow ochre texture I made:
I then proceeded to cut out of each wall ellipses 1500 pixels high(the height of the vaults) and 1600 pixels wide:
After assembly in 3D in AE, the fit is close, but still not perfect. I will have to fiddle with it.
The walls are higher, so I raised the dome to match.
I also created more dramatic lighting: a mixture of Ambient light, and five hanging Chandeliers/Points of Lights down the nave and in the transept. I have not yet turned shadows on, but it looks pretty good:





No comments:
Post a Comment